1. Is colon irrigation safe?
Yes. In fact, sessions are much safer and esaier than the common enema.
2. How does a colon irrigation treatment compare to an enema?
An enema only reaches the rectum and lower part of the colon, whereas with colon irrigation the entire length of the colon is reached and it is many more times effective. Acoording to learned centenarian Dr. Norman Walker, "One colon irrigation is equivalent to 30 enemas"
3. Do the treatments hurt?
No. In fact many people report their colon hydrotherapy sessions as being both refreshing and relaxing.
4. How much of the intestines are actually cleansed during a colon irrigation treatement?
It is possible to cleanse the entire length of the colon during a professionally administered session. The small intestine is not specifically involved; however, the small intestine may be cleansed with teh the help of an oral instestinal cleanser.
5. Are there any contraindications to colon hydrotherapy using colon hydrotherapy?
If you have a concern about your health or the appropriateness of colon hydrotheraphy for you, you should consult your physician or licenseed Healthcare practitioner. Contraindications for the use of colonics include, but may not be limited to: recent colon, rectal or abdominal surgery, congestive heart failure, intestinal perforation or carcinoma of the rectum, fissures or fistula, severe hemorrhoids, abdominal hernia, renal insufficiency, first or last trimester of cirrhosis of the liver. Professionally administered colon hydrotherapy is otherwise safe.
6. Is there any possibility of bacterial or viaral contamination from the use of colon hydrotherapy equipment? The LIBBE system uses single-use, sterile rectal nozzles, sterile disposables coupled with the implementation of the LIBBE's multi-stage sanitation protocal with EPA regulations, There is no danger of contamination.
7. How long does a session take?
Actual session time is about 30-40 minutes, but you should plan on 1 1/2 hours fo ryour first consultation with session.
8. What should I do to prepare for a colon Hydrotherapy cleanse?
Refrain from eating about 2 hours before the cleansing, be as realxed as possible and maintain a positive, cheerful attitude.
9. Can I work directly after having colon hydrotherapy?
Yes. You can work just as you would after a regular bowel movement.
10. Will I be left alone during the colon irrigation session?
No. A certified practitioner will be monitoring you the entire session both for your comfort and your safety.
FAQs about Colon Hydrotherapy